Tuna and Cauliflower Casserole
by , August 15, 2017
This tuna casserole is low carb because it's made with cauliflower instead of noodles or rice. Add a tossed salad for a satisfying meal. If you aren't low-carbing it, top the casserole with a bread crumb topping: toss 1 cup of soft bread crumbs tossed with 2 tablespoons of melted butter.
Related: Cauliflower Fried "Rice"
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- Steam the cauliflower over simmering water just until crisp-tender.
- Place the cooked cauliflower in a buttered 1 1/2 quart shallow baking dish; layer tuna over the cauliflower.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Stir in flour, salt, and pepper. Continue cooking for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Gradually add the milk. Continue cooking until thickened, stirring constantly. Add the pimiento and 1 cup of cheese and cook until the cheese has melted.
- Pour the cheese sauce over the cauliflower and tuna. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
Makes 5 to 6 Servings