Sweet and Sour Meatballs
by May 5, 2017,
These baked meatballs are finished with an easy Asian flavored sauce mixture. The meatballs make a tasty meal with rice or serve them as an appetizer. The recipe makes about 5 dozen meatballs. Freeze half of the meatballs and scale the sauce down for a smaller meal or party.
Photo Credit: Diana Rattray
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- Line a large rimmed baking sheet or roasting pan with foil. Spray a rack with nonstick cooking spray and place it in the pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, bread crumbs, salt, garlic powder, ginger, and egg; mix until well blended. Shape the beef mixture into 1-inch meatballs.
- Arrange the meatballs on the rack in the prepared pan.
- Bake the meatballs for 25 minutes, or until the meatballs are no longer pink inside. To test, insert an instant-read thermometer into a few of the meatballs. They should register at least 160 F. If you happen to use ground poultry in the meatballs, the minimum safe temperature is 165 F.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, combine the preserves, soy sauce, peanut butter, sesame oil, vinegar, and chili-garlic paste. Cook, stirring occasionally, until hot. Add the meatballs and bell pepper strips. Cover and cook until pepper strips are just tender, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Serve with rice or serve as an appetizer.
- Makes about 5 dozen meatballs.
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Swedish Meatballs With Sour Cream