Sweet Potato Loaf Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting
by May 15, 2017,
This sweet potato cake is filled with chocolate chips or raisins. The cake is topped with a fluffy cream cheese frosting.
Photo Credit: Diana Rattray
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Cream Cheese Frosting
- Heat oven to 325 F.
- Grease and flour a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan.
- In a mixing bowl with an electric mixer, cream the 1 stick of butter and brown sugar until light. Beat in the egg and 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla. Blend in the sweet potato puree.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice. Whisk or stir to blend thoroughly.
- Add the dry ingredients to the first mixture and mix until smooth and well blended. Stir in the nuts and mini chocolate chips or raisins.
- Spread the batter in the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
- Carefully remove to a rack to cool completely.Makes 1 loaf cake.
- Combine 4 tablespoons of butter with the 4 ounces of cream cheese. Sift 2 cups of confectioners' sugar into the mixture until well blended. Beat in the vanilla.
- Frost the cake. Sprinkle with chopped pecans or coconut, if desired.
Makes 8 to 10 Servings
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Sour Cream Lemon Cake
Blueberry Bundt Cake