Spiced Party Meatballs
by , October 11, 2017
This recipe makes a big party-size batch of meatballs. Transfer the baked meatballs to the slow cooker with the sauce mixture. The meatballs can be served right from the slow cooker or chafing dish.
Easy Slow Cooker Meatballs With Asian Flavors
Italian Meatballs Bolognese
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours
Total Time: 2 hours 20 minutes
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- Line rimmed baking sheets with foil and oil them lightly.
- In a bowl, combine the milk and bread crumbs; let stand for about 10 minutes, or the milk has been absorbed. Add the ground beef, pork, egg, onion, allspice, salt, and ginger. Blend thoroughly.
- Shape the meat mixture into 3/4-inch meatballs and arrange them in the prepared baking pans.
- Bake the meatballs for about 30 to 40 minutes, turning once about halfway through.
- In a saucepan, combine the beef broth with brown sugar and butter. Place the pan over medium heat and bring to a simmer.
- Transfer the meatballs to the slow cooker and add the hot broth mixture. Cover and cook on LOW for about 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Serve the meatballs hot from the slow cooker.
- Makes about 6 dozen meatballs, or about 24 appetizer servings of 3 meatballs each.
Makes 6 servings.