Sour Cream Cookies
by May 10, 2017,
These sour cream cookies are perfect for lunchboxes. Store the cookies in sealed containers to keep them soft. They freeze well, too.
Photo Credit: Diana Rattray
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- In a mixing bowl with an electric mixer, cream butter, brown sugar, and 1/2 cup of granulated sugar until light and smooth. Add the egg and beat until fluffy. Stir in sour cream and vanilla.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and nutmeg; blend well. Stir the dry ingredients into the creamed mixture. Cover the bowl and chill the dough for 1 to 2 hours, or until firm.
- Heat the oven to 350 F.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper or grease the pans.
- Place small balls of dough onto the prepared baking sheet. Grease bottom of a glass then dip in cinnamon sugar. Press a walnut or pecan half firmly onto the top of each cookie, flattening each cookie slightly.
- Combine the 2 tablespoons of sugar with 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and sprinkle over the cookies.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes, or until lightly browned. Remove to racks to cool.
- As soon as the cookies are completely cooled, transfer to a tightly covered container for storage.
Makes About 5 Dozen Cookies
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
5-Ingredient Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
Brown Sugar Drop Cookies
Apple Cookies With Raisins Recipe