Slow Cooker Smothered Pork Chops
by July 9, 2017,
The crockpot makes these pork chops a snap to prepare and cook. Add the mushrooms or leave them out if you aren't a fan. Searing the seasoned pork chops first adds extra flavor and color.
Photo Credit: Diana Rattray
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 7 hours
Total Time: 7 hours 15 minutes
- In a bowl or bag, combine the flour, salt, mustard, paprika, and garlic powder; coat the pork chops thoroughly with the seasoned flour mixture.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat; brown the chops for about 8 minutes, turning to brown both sides. Place the browned pork chops in slow cooker.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan drippings and cook until golden, stirring frequently. Spoon the mushrooms over the pork chops.
- Combine soup and water; pour over chops.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or until meat is tender.
- If a thicker sauce mixture is desired, strain the liquids into a saucepan and bring to a boil; lower the heat and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes to reduce and concentrate flavors. Add the optional flour and water mixture. Blend well and cook until thickened.
- Serve the pork chops and mushrooms with the sauce.
Makes 6 Servings
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Swedish Meatballs With Sour Cream