Slow Cooker North Carolina Pulled Pork
by , August 8, 2017
The perfectly seasoned vinegar sauce is what sets this North Carolina pulled pork apart from the rest of the crowd. It's a welcome departure from the usual barbecue sauce-slathered pork, and you can always serve barbecue sauce on the side. Serve the pulled pork with a Carolina style coleslaw.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 hours
Total Time: 10 hours 20 minutes
- Sprinkle the pork roast with the ground red pepper.
- Place the roast in the slow cooker with about 1/2 cup of water and cook for 8 to 10 hours or until very tender. Drain thoroughly and discard excess liquids.
- In a saucepan, combine the vinegar, hot sauce, crushed red pepper, black pepper, and kosher salt. Place the saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Chop, shred, or slice the tender cooked pork.
- Return the pork to the slow cooker and add 2 to 3 tablespoons of the vinegar sauce, or to taste. Heat the pork until hot and keep warm until ready to serve.
- Serve with the vinegar sauce and your favorite barbecue side dishes.
Makes 10 to 12 Servings