Classic Shrimp Cocktail
by , March 31, 2017
Ice-cold tail-on shrimp make a fabulous appetizer or first course for a special meal.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- Peel the shrimp, leaving the tails on. With a sharp knife, make a shallow cut down the back of the shrimp and remove the dark veins. Rinse under cold water.
- Fill a bowl with ice and water; set aside.
- Bring a pot of water to a simmer and add the shrimp. Cook until the shrimp is opaque and floats.
- Transfer the cooked shrimp to the ice water to stop the cooking progress. Drain, cover the bowl, and refrigerate the shrimp until serving time.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a bowl; stir to blend thoroughly. Chill thoroughly.
- Serve the shrimp ice cold with the cocktail sauce.
About 10 Appetizer Servings