Easy Salisbury Steaks With Gravy
by , May 18, 2017
These browned hamburger steaks are simmered in a super easy mushroom gravy mixture. Serve these Salisbury steaks with mashed potatoes and green beans or broccoli.
Prep Time: 18 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 38 minutes
- In a large bowl, combine the condensed soup, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce; blend well. Set aside.
- In another bowl, lightly beat egg; add bread crumbs, finely chopped onion, salt, and pepper. Add 1 tablespoon of the soup mixture and the ground beef; mix well. Shape into 4 large patties.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Brown the patties well on one side; turn carefully to brown the other side. They should be almost fully cooked. Drain off excess grease.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine remaining soup mixture with 1/4 cup of stock, or enough to make a gravy consistency (more if you use 2 cans of condensed soup); add gravy browning sauce, if desired. Stir well.
- Pour the soup mixture over Salisbury steaks. Cover the skillet and simmer over low heat for about 10 minutes or until meat is cooked through. Remove the patties to a serving platter; spoon sauce over meat.
- Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley if desired.
Makes 4 Servings