Roasted Sweet Potato Soup
by , September 30, 2017
Roasted diced sweet potatoes are combined with vegetable broth, seasoning vegetables, and cream to make a delicious, lightly spiced soup. Garnish the soup with a swirl of maple syrup, chopped toasted pecans, or fried whole sage leaves.
Creamy Butternut Squash Soup
Creamy Zucchini Soup
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
Total Time: 75 minutes
- Heat the oven to 425 F.
- Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- Toss the diced sweet potatoes with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Arrange the sweet potatoes on the prepared baking sheet and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast the sweet potatoes for 30 to 40 minutes, or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute the onion and celery in the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil until onion is translucent. Add the garlic and saute for 2 minutes longer. Add the vegetable broth, the chopped sage, cinnamon, nutmeg, and brown sugar. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the roasted sweet potatoes to the saucepan and continue cooking until vegetables are all very tender, about 5 to 10 minutes longer.
- Blend the hot mixture in 3 to 4 batches, until smooth. Return to the saucepan and stir in the cream. Heat through. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve with a garnish of fried sage leaves, chopped chives, a drizzling of maple syrup, or chopped toasted pecans.
Makes 8 servings.