Roasted Chicken Drumsticks
by , September 24, 2017
These drumsticks are a breeze to fix with some olive oil, garlic, and fresh or dried thyme leaves. Serve these drumsticks with mashed or baked potatoes, or serve them with macaroni and cheese. Make the dish with chicken thighs instead of drumsticks or make it with 4 whole legs.
Related: Spicy Fried Chicken Drumsticks
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- Heat the oven to 450 F.
- Place a cast iron skillet, place it in the oven to preheat. If you are using a baking pan, lightly oil it or line it with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Toss the chicken legs with the minced garlic, salt, pepper, olive oil, and thyme.
- Carefully take the hot skillet out of the oven and place it on a rack. Arrange the seasoned chicken legs in the skillet (or in the prepared baking pan).
- Return the skillet to the oven and roast the chicken for about 35 to 40 minutes, turning about halfway through. The chicken should be golden brown.
- To check for doneness, insert an instant-read thermometer into the thickest pieces (not touching bone). They should register 165 F or above.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.