Roasted Cauliflower and Cheddar Cheese Sauce
by , May 17, 2017
This roasted cauliflower is an easy side dish, and the simple cheese sauce makes it extra special.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- Separate the cauliflower into florets; discard any leaves and tough stems.
- Heat the oven to 450 F.
- Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil and spray it with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, toss the cauliflower with the olive oil.
- Spread the cauliflower in a single layer on the baking sheet. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
- Roast the cauliflower in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, turning 2 to 3 times throughout the cooking.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce. In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the flour and mustard powder and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes. Gradually whisk in the milk. Continue cooking and stirring until thickened. Add the cheese and continue cooking until the cheese has melted. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Remove the roasted cauliflower to a serving platter and drizzle with some of the cheese sauce. Put the remaining sauce in a small dish and serve along with the cauliflower.
Makes 4 servings.