Ricotta Cookies With Brown Butter Icing
by , October 1, 2017
These soft, delicious ricotta cookies are iced with a brown butter icing. It just takes a few minutes to make the icing, and the flavor is amazing.
Glazed Lemon Tea Cakes
Almond Crescent Cookies
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 22 minutes
Brown Butter Icing
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly grease it.
- Measure the flour, baking powder, and soda; stir and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl with an electric mixer, beat the 4 ounces of butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat the egg, 1 teaspoon of vanilla, and almond extract, if using, into the creamed mixture until well blended. Stir in the ricotta cheese and the flour mixture. Beat until blended.
- Drop the dough onto the baking sheet with a small cookie scoop or teaspoon.
- Bake the cookies for 10 to 12 minutes, or until set and lightly browned on the bottoms.
- Meanwhile, melt 6 tablespoons of unsalted butter over medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until you see that the sediment is browning. Take care that it doesn't get too dark and burn.
- When the sediment is a medium golden brown, remove it from the heat and stir in the confectioners' sugar, vanilla, and 1 1/2 tablespoons of milk. Add a little more milk if too thick.
- Spoon about 1 teaspoon of the icing on each warm cookie. If the icing becomes too thick, reheat over low heat until you have a good consistency for drizzling.
Makes 30 servings.