Quick Refrigerator Cucumber Pickles
by , October 20, 2017
These quick pickles are made with fresh sliced cucumbers, vinegar, and pickling spices. If you like a sweeter bread and butter type of pickle, add a tablespoon of sugar.
Mom's Bread and Butter Pickles
Quick Pickled Onions
Prep Time: 8 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 13 minutes
- Rinse the cucumber leave it unpeeled unless the peel is tough or waxy. Cut it into 1/4-inch thick rounds.
- Pack the slices into a clean 1-pint canning jar or a similar heatproof container (you will be adding boiling water to the cukes).
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a small saucepan and place the pan over high heat. Bring to a boil; continue boiling for about 30 seconds, stirring frequently, until the sugar is dissolved.
- Pour the vinegar mixture over the pickles until the jar is full. If the slices are not completely covered with the hot brine, add a little more water.
- Cool, cover, and chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Refrigerate for up to 10 days.
Makes 8 servings.