Potato Salad With Bacon
by April 27, 2017,
This potato salad is made extra special with diced cooked bacon. Feel free to add some sliced celery and green bell pepper to the salad for extra flavor and crunch.
Photo Credit: Diana Rattray
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- Arrange the bacon in a skillet and place it over medium heat. Cook the bacon until almost crisp. Transfer to paper towels to drain. Dice and set aside.
- Leavee the peels on the potatoes, if desired, or peel them. Cut the potatoes cut into large chunks. Put them in a large saucepan and cover with water. Add 2 teaspoons of salt and bring to a boil. Cover and cook for about 15 minutes, until tender. Drain and let cool completely with lid ajar.
- When the potatoes have cooled, cut them into 1/2- to 1-inch pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes with the chopped eggs, celery, onion, celery seeds, pepper, and bacon. Toss gently to blend.
- In another bowl, combine 3/4 cup of mayonnaise, mustard, and relish. Add to the potato mixture and stir gently to combine. Add more mayonnaise, as desired.
- Taste and add salt, as needed.
- Toss gently to blend. Stir in 3/4 cup of the mayonnaise, mustard, and relish. Add more mayonnaise, as needed. Add salt, to taste.
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Mom's Potato Salad
German Potato Salad
Warm Potato Salad With Smoked Sausage