Slow Cooker Onion Soup Pot Roast
by , March 28, 2017
This pot roast is always a hit! The recipe uses either dry onion soup or a can of condensed French onion soup. Cook the potatoes separately, if you'd like.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 7 hours
Total Time: 7 Hours 10 minutes
- Place the pot roast in the slow cooker.
- Arrange the potatoes and carrots around the roast.
- Combine the soups and then pour the mixture over the roast and potatoes.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 1 hour.
- Turn to LOW and cook for 6 to 8 hours longer, or until the roast is very tender.
- Defat the liquids and pour them into a saucepan; bring to a boil. Continue boiling for about 3 to 5 minutes, or until reduced slightly and the flavors are concentrated.
- If a thicker sauce is desired, combine 1 tablespoon of flour or cornstarch with 1 or 2 tablespoons of water. Mix until smooth; stir into the boiling broth and continue cooking until thickened.