3-Ingredient Crescent Pesto Pinwheels
by , September 18, 2017
These easy crescent roll pinwheels are filled with a simple, flavorful mixture of prepared pesto and finely grated mozzarella cheese. Serve the pinwheels with warm marinara sauce for dipping. Feel free to scale the recipe up for a crowd.
Related: Tortilla Roll-Ups
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- Heat oven to 375 F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or spray it lightly with nonstick cooking spray.
- Unroll the dough on a sheet of wax paper or parchment paper and press the perforations together.
- Spread a thin layer of pesto over the dough to within about 1/4-inch of all edges. Sprinkle with the shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Starting with the longest side, roll the rectangle up, jelly-roll style. Pinch the long seam to seal.
- With a sharp knife, cut the roll into about 16 to 20 slices.
- Arrange the slices, cut side down, on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the pastry is golden brown.
- Serve warm with hot marinara sauce.
Makes 8 servings.