Parmesan Meatloaf With Pizza Toppings
by , October 11, 2017
Parmesan cheese and chopped roasted red peppers are included in the meat mixture, and the pizza topping makes it look and taste extra-special.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hours 30 minutes
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- Spray a loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray or line the pan with foil.
- Mix ground beef with the egg and bread crumbs.
- Drain the roasted red bell peppers and reserve the liquid. Set the liquid aside.
- Chop the drained peppers and reserve about 3 tablespoons for the topping. Add the chopped peppers to the meat mixture along with 1/4 cup of the reserved liquid.
- Reserve 1 tablespoon of the ripe olives for topping and add the remaining ripe olives to the meat mixture.
- Add 1 1/2 tablespoons of the chopped basil, the Parmesan cheese, and salt and pepper. Blend well and pack the mixture into the prepared loaf pan.
- Meanwhile, combine the remaining roasted red peppers, the remaining 1/2 tablespoon of basil, the remaining 1 tablespoon of sliced olives, the mozzarella cheese, and the sliced tomatoes. Toss the mixture to blend and refrigerate until needed.
- Bake the meatloaf for 1 hour and 5 minutes. Carefully drain off any excess grease; top with the mozzarella cheese mixture and bake for 15 minutes longer.
Makes 6 servings.