Oven-Fried Tilapia Fillets
Updated July 1, 2017 by
Parmesan seasoned bread crumbs flavor these easy oven-fried fish fillets. Light mayonnaise may be used in the coating mix if you like.
Photo Credit: Diana Rattray
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- Heat oven to 400 F.
- Line a baking sheet with nonstick foil and spray it with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, combine the egg, water, mayonnaise, and Creole or Dijon mustard; whisk to blend.
- In a wide, shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs with the paprika; stir to blend thoroughly.
- Dip the tilapia fillets in the egg mixture to coat and then in the bread crumb mixture, turning to coat both sides.
- Arrange the coated fillets on the prepared baking sheet. Spray the fillets lightly with more nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake the tilapia fillets for about 10 minutes; turn and continue baking for 8 to 10 minutes longer, or until fish is cooked through. The time depends on thickness of the fillets. The fish will be opaque and will flake easily with a fork when done.
- With a spatula, gently remove the fillets to a serving platter or individual plates.
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Tuna and Orzo Pasta Casserole
Oven Fried Tilapia With Cornflake Crumbs