Oven-Fried Cornflake Crusted Chicken
by July 6, 2017,
Use your favorite Italian dressing to make this easy oven-fried chicken. The cornflake crumbs make a crunchy coating on the chicken, and oven frying keeps it relatively light.
Photo Credit: Diana Rattray
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
Add 3 to 4 tablespoons of lemon juice to the marinade.
- Put the salad dressing in a large nonreactive bowl or food storage bag. Add the chicken and turn to coat. Cover the bowl or seal the bag and refrigerate for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- Line a large rimmed baking pan with foil.
- Mix cornflake crumbs with the salt, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning blend; coat chicken pieces with crumb mixture.
- Arrange the chicken pieces in the pan. Drizzle some melted butter over each piece, if using.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until the chicken reaches 165 F on a food thermometer.
Makes 4 Servings
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Easy Chutney Chicken Breasts
Roasted Lemon and Herb Chicken Breasts Recipe