Jane's Cajun Cake
by , July 22, 2017
The cake is moist and delicious, but the amazing coconut pecan topping is what keeps people coming back for more.
Prep Time: 12 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 42 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Grease and flour a 9-by-13-by-2-inch baking pan.
- Combine the flour, 1 1/2 cups of sugar, baking soda, and salt.
- In a mixing bowl with an electric mixer, beat the eggs with the undrained pineapple; stir in dry ingredients, blending well.
- Pour the batter into the baking pan. Bake the Cajun cake for 30 minutes, or until a wooden pick or cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.
- About 20 minutes before the cake is done, combine the evaporated milk, 1 cup of sugar, and the butter in a saucepan. Place the saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low maintain a boil and cook for 12 minutes, stirring frequently. Beat until thickened and then stir in the vanilla, coconut, and pecans.
- Spread the coconut topping over the hot cake.
Makes 12 Servings