Maple Pecan Bars With Coconut
Updated July 1, 2017 by
These easy bars are made with a simple shortbread crust and coconut, pecan, and maple topping.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- Grease and flour an 8-inch square baking pan.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, and butter. Stir until well blended. Mixture will be crumbly. Press the mixture into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, until lightly browned around the edges.
- While the shortbread crust is baking, combine the coconut, pecans, salt, and syrup in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, until the coconut has absorbed most of the syrup.
- Spread over the warm crust, return to the oven, and bake for 10 minutes longer, or until coconut is nicely browned. Cool slightly; cut into squares while still warm.
- Makes about 32 small bars.
Makes 16 Servings