Maple Cinnamon French Toast
by , September 22, 2017
This basic French toast is flavored with maple syrup, vanilla, and cinnamon. It's a flavorful French toast for 4 to 6 people.
Related: French Toast 101: Tips for Perfect French Toast
French Toast and Caramelized Sliced Peaches
Prep Time: 12 minutes
Cook Time: 24 minutes
Total Time: 36 minutes
- Heat the oven to 200 F. This is to keep the finished French toast warm while you make subsequent batches. If you're using a large griddle, you might not have to use the oven.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs with the milk, 2 tablespoons of maple syrup, vanilla, salt, and cinnamon until well blended.
- Pour the egg and milk mixture into a pie plate or shallow bowl.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a non-stick skillet over medium-low heat.
- Put two slices of bread in the egg and milk mixture, turning to coat both sides.
- When the butter is hot, and the foaming subsides, add the bread slices to the skillet.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the French toast is golden brown on the bottom. Turn and brown the other side. Adjust the heat as necessary.
- Transfer the cooked French toast slices to a pan or rack and put them in the oven to keep warm.
- Repeat with the remaining butter, bread, and egg mixture.
- Serve the French toast with butter and more maple syrup.
Makes 12 servings.