Light Meatloaf With Shredded Zucchini
by , October 14, 2017
Shredded zucchini and mushrooms flavor this tasty ground beef meatloaf. The zucchini makes for a lighter loaf and barbecue sauce is added as a topping.
Italian Style Meatloaf
Parmesan Meatloaf With Pizza Toppings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 12 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 27 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Combine the ground beef with shredded zucchini, onion, mushrooms, garlic powder, egg, breadcrumbs, salt, and pepper.
- Mix lightly with hands until thoroughly blended.
- Pack the meat mixture into a lightly greased 9-by-5-by-3-inch loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- About 15 minutes before the meatloaf is done, carefully pour off excess fat. I place a plate or lid over the pan and drain it into a jar or cup to be discarded in the trash later.
- Top with ketchup and return to the oven and continue baking for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Replace the zucchini with yellow summer squash.
- Use barbecue sauce for the topping instead of ketchup.
Makes about 6 servings.