Lentil, Tomato, and Roasted Eggplant Soup
by , June 20, 2017
Diced roasted eggplant and tomatoes are added to this flavorful, creamy lentil soup. The soup is flavored with some lemon juice, curry powder, and garlic.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 75 minutes
Total Time: 90 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Line a large baking sheet with foil; lightly grease or spray with nonstick cooking spray. Arrange the chopped tomatoes and eggplant on the baking sheet. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook the onions and garlic for 1 minute; add vegetable or chicken broth, lentils, and potato chunks. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 45 minutes, or until the lentils and potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Carefully puree the lentil mixture in a blender in small batches; return to the large saucepan.
- Add the roasted diced vegetables along with the cream, lemon juice, curry powder, and pepper. Taste and add salt, if needed.
- Thin with more broth or cream, as desired.
- Heat through.
Makes 6 Servings