by , August 14, 2017
This veal piccata is a tasty combination of veal with a lemon, garlic, and caper sauce. The lemony sauce flavors the veal perfectly, and it is an excellent dish to serve with angel hair pasta or hot cooked rice.
Related: Creamy Veal Marsala
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- Sprinkle veal scallops with salt and pepper; dredge in flour.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter with the olive oil. Add veal in a single layer and cook for about 1 to 1 1/2 minutes on each side. Remove to a warm platter and keep warm. Repeat with remaining veal.
- Slice the green onions, separating the green and white parts.
- To the hot skillet, add the white parts of the green onions and garlic. Cook for 2 minutes. Add capers, lemon juice, wine or chicken broth, the remaining 1 tablespoon butter, and parsley. Simmer to reduce by about half.
- Add the veal back to the skillet, along with the green onion tops and lemon slices, if using, and heat through.
- Serve with hot cooked pasta or rice.
Makes 4 Servings