Moist Lemon Quick Bread
Updated July 1, 2017 by
This is a nice alternative to a cake, and it's a snap to mix and bake. The sugar and lemon syrup is the key to the moistness and flavor in this wonderful bread.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- Heat the oven to 350 F.
- Grease and flour a 4 1/2-by-8 1/2-inch loaf pan.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and lemon zest; stir to blend thoroughly. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl with an electric mixer, beat the butter and 1 cup of granulated sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs and milk until smooth and well blended.
- With the mixer on low, beat in the flour mixture just until blended.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan; spread evenly.
- Bake the lemon bread for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, combine the 1/2 cup of lemon juice and 1/2 cup of granulated sugar in a saucepan and place it over medium heat. Bring to a simmer and continue cooking until the sugar has dissolved. Remove from the heat.
- Remove the lemon bread from the oven and set it on a metal cooling rack. Let it cool for about 5 minutes and then remove the loaf from the pan and set it on the rack.
- Brush the hot syrup over the top and sides of the loaf until the syrup is all used.
- Let the bread cool before slicing.
10 to 12 Servings