Layered Cake Mix Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
by , September 28, 2017
A peanut butter and cream cheese layer takes a chocolate cake mix to a new level. Your friends and family will love these easy chocolate cake mix bars.
Related: Cake Mix Butter Pecan Bars With Chocolate Filling
Semi-Homemade Brownies With Penuche Frosting
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- Grease and flour a 9-by-13-by-2-inch baking pan.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the cake mix with 1 egg and the vegetable oil until well blended. The mixture will be crumbly. Reserve 1 cup of the crumb mixture and pat the remaining crumbs firmly into the bottom of the prepared baking pan. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven.
- In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese with the peanut butter until smooth.
- To the cream cheese mixture, add the remaining egg, the vanilla extract, and sugar; beat just until blended. Spread the peanut butter mixture over the hot crust.
- Sprinkle the remaining chocolate crumb mixture evenly over the peanut butter and cream cheese layer.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until set.
- Cool completely and cut into squares to serve.
Makes 36 servings.