Baked Chicken Breasts With Honey and Cilantro
by , August 11, 2017
Bone-in split chicken breasts are baked to perfection with a honey, lime juice, and cilantro glaze. Feel free to replace the cilantro with some chopped fresh parsley.
Related: Oven-Fried Cornflake Crusted Chicken
Top 24 Easy Chicken Recipes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- Heat the oven to 400 F.
- Grease a shallow baking dish with oil or spray it with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine the vegetable oil, honey, lime juice and zest, chopped cilantro or parsley, and chili powder in a saucepan. Heat just until warm and blended. Set aside.
- Arrange the chicken breast halves, skin-side-up, in the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle lightly with seasoned salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Bake uncovered for about 35 to 40 minutes, basting the chicken frequently with the honey mixture until browned.
- Juices should run clear when pierced with a fork and the chicken should register at least 165 F.
- Remove from oven and immediately cover the baking dish with foil; let stand for about 10 minutes before serving.
Makes 4 Servings