Moist Fruit Cocktail Bundt Cake
by , August 11, 2017
This fruit cocktail cake is a moist Bundt cake with bits of fruit and some chopped nuts throughout the batter. Use canned diced peaches or pears if you like.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- Butter and flour a 12-cup Bundt cake pan. Heat oven to 350 F.
- Place a mesh strainer over a bowl and drain the fruit. Reserve 1/3 cup of syrup. If desired, chop the fruit more finely; set the fruit aside.
- In a mixing bowl with an electric mixer, combine the granulated sugar, the 1/3 cup of reserved syrup, vegetable oil, vanilla, and eggs. Beat for about 4 minutes, until well blended.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt; stir into the first mixture a little at a time, blending well. Fold in the chopped pecans.
- Spoon about half of the batter into the prepared baking pan. Arrange fruit pieces over the batter, then spoon remaining batter over the fruit. Spread gently to cover.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes to 1 hour and 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool the cake in the pan on a rack for 10 minutes; turn the cake out of the pan onto a cake plate.
- Brush the warm cake with the melted butter and sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
Makes 12 to 16 Servings