French Toast and Caramelized Sliced Peaches
by July 16, 2017,
Fresh sliced peaches are caramelized in a mixture of brown sugar and butter, and then cream is added to make a wonderful sauce. The rich brioche bread is dipped in eggs and cooked to perfection. Top with the peaches and drizzle with the caramel sauce or some maple syrup."
Photo Credit: Diana Rattray
Prep Time: 18 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt 4 tablespoons of the butter. Add the brown sugar and stir until blended. Add the peaches to the skillet and cook until the peaches are caramelized and syrupy, stirring and turning frequently. Stir in the heavy cream.
- Beat the eggs with the milk and granulated sugar. Dip the bread slices in the egg mixture one at a time, letting the mixture soak into the bread.
- In a large skillet or griddle, melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat.
- Add the soaked bread slices and cook for about 3 minutes on each side, or until nicely browned.
- Serve the French toast hot with the warm peaches and a drizzling of maple syrup, if desired.
Makes 4 Servings
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Classic French Toast