Eye of Round Roast With Mustard Herb Crust
by , September 15, 2017
This simple eye of round roast is seasoned with a garlic and herb mustard rub. The mustard mixture makes a delicious crust on the lean beef roast. It will be your new go-to recipe for roast beef!
Related: Roast Beef With Red Wine Sauce
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Heat oven to 450 F.
- Line a roasting pan with foil; place a rack or several pieces of celery in the pan.
- Place the roast, fat side up, on the rack or on a few celery ribs. Add some water or beef stock -- about 1/2 to 1 cup -- to the pan to keep juices from burning.
- In a bowl, combine the mustard, red wine, garlic, tarragon, and black pepper. Rub roast all over with the mustard mixture.
- Put the roast in the oven and reduce the heat to 325 F. Roast for about 1 to 1 1/2 hours, or until a meat thermometer registers about 130 F to 135 F for medium-rare or 145 F for medium. The temperature will rise about 5 degrees after it is removed from the oven.
- Let the roast rest for about 10 minutes before carving.
Makes 8 servings.