Tex-Mex Enchilada Casserole
by , July 10, 2017
This Tex-Mex enchilada casserole is made with corn tortillas, a beef and refried bean filling, seasoned tomato sauce, and a delicious cheese topping.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Lightly grease a 2 1/2-quart baking dish.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the 1/2 cup of chopped onion and bell pepper; saute until tender. Stir in tomato sauce, parsley, chili powder, 1/8 teaspoon pepper and bay leaf. Bring mixture to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes. Remove bay leaf and set aside.
- In a large skillet, combine the ground beef and the remaining 1/4 cup of chopped. Cook until beef is no longer pink, stirring frequently; drain.
- Combine beef mixture, refried beans, taco sauce, salt, and garlic powder; set aside.
- Wrap tortillas in aluminum foil. Bake the wrapped tortillas for 10 minutes.
- Spoon half of sauce mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Spoon meat mixture evenly in center of each tortilla; fold opposite ends over and place seam side down on top of sauce in baking dish.
- Spoon the remaining sauce over tortillas. Cover the baking dish tightly with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the foil and sprinkle with cheese and olives. Bake, uncovered, for about 5 minutes longer. S
- Serve with shredded lettuce, chopped tomato, guacamole, and sour cream.
Makes 6 Servings