Easy Cake Mix Oat Bars With Chocolate Filling
by , September 28, 2017
These chocolate filled butter pecan bars are made with a cake mix and a chocolate sweetened condensed milk filling. The butter pecan cake mix makes the preparation especially easy, and oats give the bars a nice, chewy texture. They're similar to the popular "revel bars."
Related: Brown Sugar Bars With Chocolate Chips
Semi-Homemade Brownies With Penuche Frosting
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- Grease and flour a 9-by-13-by-2-inch baking pan.
- Beat 6 ounces of butter with the brown sugar until light; beat in eggs and 2 teaspoons vanilla. Slowly beat in the cake mix and oats until well blended.
- In a saucepan, combine the sweetened condensed milk with chocolate chips, a pinch of salt, and 1 tablespoon butter. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring frequently until chocolate chips are melted, and the mixture is smooth.
- Stir in the chopped pecans.
- Spread about two-thirds of the cake batter in the prepared pan.
- Spoon filling over the cake layer and spread to cover.
- Pinch pieces of the remaining batter and arrange the pieces evenly over the filling.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until set and golden brown.
Makes 36 servings.