Easy Skillet Chicken and Rice Curry
by , June 20, 2017
Curry powder gives this chicken and rice recipe fabulous flavor and color. Peas and green onions are added to make it a complete meal. The dish takes about 30 to 40 minutes, start to finish.
Related: Coconut Curry Chicken Breasts
Top 24 Easy Chicken Recipes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- Cut chicken breasts into 1/2-inch pieces; transfer to a bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, curry powder, mustard, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Sprinkle the chicken with 1 tablespoon of the flour and 1 scant tablespoon of the curry powder seasoning mixture; toss to coat chicken pieces.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet; add the chicken and cook, stirring, until lightly browned, about 2 to 4 minutes. Add the green onions and cook for 1 minute longer.
- Combine the remaining curry powder seasoning mixture with the chicken broth and orange juice. Add the orange juice mixture to the skillet and stir in the rice. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low.
- Cover and cook for 15 minutes. Stir in peas or peas and carrots; cover and simmer for about 5 minutes longer, or until liquids are absorbed and the rice is tender.
Makes 4 to 5 Servings