Peach Crumb Cake With Streusel Topping
by , May 7, 2017
This yummy peach cake is a moist crumb cake topped with a buttery brown sugar and cinnamon crumble mixture. Use fresh peaches for the cake. Add some finely chopped pecans to the topping for extra crunch if you'd like. It makes a great coffee cake or dessert. Serve it warm with a scoop of ice cream for a fabulous summer dessert.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Grease and flour a 9-inch springform pan.
- In a mixing bowl with an electric mixer, beat 10 tablespoons butter and the granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the vanilla and blend well.
- In another bowl, combine the 1 2/3 cups flour, baking powder, and salt. Slowly beat the dry ingredients into the creamed mixture until well blended, scraping the sides of the bowl a few times. The batter will be thick.
- Spread the batter in the prepared baking pan. Slice the peaches and arrange over the batter, pressing lightly, overlapping as needed.
- In a medium bowl, combine the 1/3 cup of flour, 4 tablespoons of brown sugar, 3 tablespoons of butter, and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon with a pastry blender, fingers, a or fork until crumbly. Sprinkle the crumbs over the peaches.
- Bake the cake in the preheated oven for 50 to 60 minutes, or until golden brown and peaches are tender and bubbly.
Makes 8 to 10 Servings