Crockpot Chipotle Chicken Recipe
by , June 1, 2017
Chipotle peppers and adobo sauce add heat and flavor to this chicken. The chicken is cooked in the slow cooker with the easy sauce.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 5 hours 45 minutes
Total Time:6 hours
- In a bowl, combine the chopped chipotle with adobo sauce with the marmalade, chili powder, garlic powder, vinegar, honey, chicken broth, and oil.
- Sprinkle the chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Arrange the chicken breasts in the slow cooker and pour marmalade mixture over all.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5 to 7 hours, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Put the chicken on a plate; cover and keep warm.
- Pour the liquids into a saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and boil until slightly reduced, about 5 minutes.
- Combine the cornstarch with cold water and stir until smooth; stir the mixture into the sauce and continue cooking, stirring, for about 1 minute longer, or until thickened.
- Serve the chicken with the thickened sauce.
Makes 4 to 6 Servings