Slow Cooker Chicken Enchiladas
by March 28, 2017,
Photo Credit: Diana Rattray
These slow cooker enchiladas make an easy everyday family meal. The chicken filling is flavored with cheese, sour cream, green chile peppers, and cilantro.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 4 hours 20 minutes
Total Time: 4 Hours 40 minutes
- Lightly grease the bottom and sides of the slow cooker.
- In a bowl, combine the shredded chicken with 2 cups of the cheese, chopped green chile peppers, jalapeno pepper, if using, 1/4 cup chopped cilantro, and 1/2 cup of sour cream; stir to blend thoroughly.
- Divide the chicken mixture evenly among all eight tortillas.
- Roll the tortillas up and arrange them, seam side down, in the greased slow cooker. If necessary, stack them.
- In a small bowl, combine the salsa with the remaining 1 cup of sour cream. Spoon the mixture over the tortillas.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 hours. Sprinkle the tortillas with the remaining shredded cheese.
- Cover and cook on LOW for about 20 minutes longer.
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Braised Chicken With Apples and Bacon
Slow Cooker Lemon and Garlic Chicken Thighs
Chicken, Bacon, and Cheese Sliders