Crockpot Beef Stew With Vegetables
by , May 19, 2017
This crockpot beef stew is full of beef and vegetables, and it gets extra flavor from bacon and some apple cider or wine.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 8 hours
Total Time: 8 hours 20 minutes
- Cook the bacon until almost crisp; remove to paper towels to drain.
- Add the beef and onions to the skillet and place it over medium heat. Cook, stirring, until the beef is browned.
- Transfer the bacon, beef, and onions to the slow cooker with the beef stock, juice or wine, potatoes, carrots, celery, rutabaga, if using, bay leaf, and rosemary.
- Cover and cook for 7 to 9 hours. Taste and add kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste.
- Combine flour with cold water to form a smooth paste. Stir into the beef mixture, turn to HIGH, and continue cooking for 15 minutes longer, or until thickened. Add the parsley, if using.
Makes 4 to 6 Servings