Slow Cooker Beef Brisket With Spiced Sauce
by , October 11, 2017
A tangy, subtly spiced sauce flavors this easy crockpot beef brisket recipe. For barbecue flavor, add some liquid smoke or replace the ketchup with barbecue sauce.
Slow Cooker Beef Brisket and Beer
Best-Ever Slow Cooker Pot Roast
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 8 hours
Total Time: 8 hours 20 minutes
- Pat the brisket dry with paper towels. Sprinkle with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- When the oil is shimmering, add the brisket. Brown the beef on all sides.
- Place the beef brisket in the slow cooker and top with the chopped onion and minced garlic.
- In a bowl, combine the broth, steak sauce, ketchup, cinnamon, and allspice; blend well. Pour the mixture over the beef.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 9 hours, or until the beef is very tender.
- Remove the liquids to a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook until reduced by about one-third (about 5 to 7 minutes).
- Combine the flour with cold water and whisk until smooth. Pour into the simmering liquid cook until thickened.
- Serve the sauce with the sliced or shredded beef brisket.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.