Cranberry Cornmeal Pancakes
by , September 13, 2017
These delicious pancakes are made with dried (or fresh) cranberries and a combination of flour and cornmeal. Orange zest and juice flavors these wonderful fall pancakes. Add these to your family's holiday breakfast menu. If you use fresh cranberries, chop them and toss them with extra sugar.
Related: Basic Fluffy Blueberry Pancakes
Prep Time: 7 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 22 minutes
*Use stone-ground cornmeal for extra texture.
- If using fresh chopped cranberries, toss in a bowl with 3 tablespoons of sugar and set aside.
- Combine the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, sugar, baking soda, and salt. Whisk or stir to blend the dry ingredients thoroughly.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs with the orange juice concentrate, orange zest, milk, and melted butter.
- Stir wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until blended; fold in cranberries.
- Coat a skillet or griddle with oil and then place it over medium low heat.
- Measure about 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake; spread gently to a round shape in the skillet.Cook for about 1 to 1 1/2 minutes on each side.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.
For even fluffier pancakes, separate the eggs. Beat the egg whites to stiff peaks in a separate bowl; fold the egg whites into the batter just before cooking.