Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- Heat the oven to 375 F.
- Butter four 6-ounce custard cups of ramekins.
- Steam or boil the corn following the package directions; drain well. Transfer 1/2 cup of the corn to a small bowl and set aside for the topping.
- Put 2 cups of the hot drained corn in a blender with the milk; puree until quite smooth. Place a mesh sieve over a bowl and strain the liquids into the bowl. Use a wooden spoon to force as much liquid as possible through the sieve. Discard the solids.
- Whisk the eggs into the corn and milk mixture; season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the custard mixture among the prepared custard cups and them place them in a deep baking dish or pan. Add enough hot water to a depth of about one-third up the sides of the ramekins.
- Carefully place the pan in the preheated oven and bake for about 25 to 30 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center of a custard comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, while the custard is baking, cook the diced bacon until crisp. Stir in the green onion and remaining 1/2 cup of corn kernels and saute for 2 to 3 minutes longer.
- Spoon a heaping tablespoon of the ham, green onion, and corn mixture onto each hot custard just before serving.
Makes 4 individual servings.