Corn Chowder With Smoked Sausage
by , April 29, 2017
Use spicy andouille sausage or a milder sausage, like kielbasa, in this tasty corn chowder. Add crusty bread or biscuits for a tasty everyday meal.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Dice the smoked sausage and then add it to the hot oil along with the onion, celery, and carrot. Cook, stirring, until onion is soft and vegetables are just tender.
- Add the butter to the pot and stir until melted. Stir in flour until well incorporated. Add the vegetable broth, potatoes, corn, and spinach or chard. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cover. Cook, stirring frequently, until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the cream and heat through. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve garnished with some fresh chopped parsley or chives.