Old-Fashioned Cold Oven Pound Cake
by , July 24, 2017
This easy pound cake starts in a cold oven. It's a great cake to serve with fresh berries or a fresh fruit syrup and whipped cream. Make two and freeze one for another day!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hours 30 minutes
- Grease and flour a 9-by-5-by-3-inch loaf pan
- In a mixing bowl with an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition until blended. Add the vanilla and blend thoroughly.
- Add one-third of the flour, alternating with half of the cream, blending after each addition. Repeat with another one-third of the flour and the remaining cream, and then add the remaining flour. Blend well, but don't overbeat.
- Spread the batter in the loaf pan and place it in the cold oven.
- Turn oven temperature setting to 325 F. Bake the cake for 1 hour and 15 minutes to 1 hour and 25 minutes. A toothpick inserted into the center of the cake should come out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 20 minutes and then remove to a rack to cool completely.
Makes 10 Servings