Easy Chutney Chicken Breasts
by June 24, 2017,
Use chicken breast halves or cutlets, depending on size. This is a simple combination of ingredients. The chicken is cooked in the skillet with a flavorful chutney sauce. Adjust the cooking time for very thin cutlets or thicker chicken breast halves.
Photo Credit: Diana Rattray
An instant-read thermometer will register at least 165 F when the chicken is cooked.
Prep Time: 12 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 27 minutes
- In a large skillet or saute pan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- For small chicken breasts (4 to 6 ounces), gently pound with the smooth side of a meat tenderizer to flatten slightly. Slice larger chicken breasts horizontally to make two cutlets and flatten just enough to make them uniform in thickness.
- Sprinkle the chicken lightly with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper; dust the chicken with the flour.
- When the oil is hot, arrange the chicken pieces in the skillet and cook for about 3 minutes on each side, or until nicely browned.
- Combine the chutney, chicken broth, garlic powder, and basil. Pour over the chicken.
- Cover the pan, reduce heat to low, and cook for 6 to 8 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, slice the green onions, reserving a few tablespoons of the green tops for garnish.
- Add all but the reserved 2 tablespoons of green onions and cook for 1 minute longer.
- Arrange the chicken on a serving platter or individual plates. Spoon sauce over each chicken breast and garnish with some of the reserved sliced green onion tops.
Makes 4 Servings
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Easy Skillet Chicken and Rice Curry