Easy Chocolate Waffles
by , September 13, 2017
These waffles take just minutes to fix, and they make a fabulous breakfast or dessert with caramel sauce (pictured) or hot fudge sauce. They would be great with ice cream as well. Alternatively, top them off with a dollop of whipped cream and a maraschino cherry!
These waffles would make a nice holiday or birthday breakfast. The kids will love them!
Make two or three batches and freeze them.
Related: Buttermilk Waffles With Variations
Sour Cream Waffles
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Total Time: 18 minutes
- Turn the waffle iron to medium heat setting and preheat.
- Melt the butter and chocolate together in a bowl over simmering water or in the microwave. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, salt, sugar, and baking powder.
- In another bowl, whisk the egg with the milk and vanilla. Add the chocolate and butter mixture and blend well.
- Add the chocolate mixture to the dry ingredients; mix well.
- Bake in the hot waffle iron for about 3 to 4 minutes. Serve waffles with whipped cream or ice cream and chocolate fudge sauce or caramel sauce.
Makes 4 servings.