Brown Sugar Walnut Squares With Chocolate Chips
by , January 29, 2018
These walnut bars are finished with a sprinkling of mini chocolate chips. The recipe makes a big half-sheet pan of bars, making them perfect for a party or gathering.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 325 F.
- Grease and flour an 18-by-13-inch half sheet pan.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir with a spoon or whisk to blend; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl with electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar until light, about 3 minutes.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in the vanilla extract.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter and sugar mixture, beating on low speed just until blended.
- Fold in the chopped walnuts.
- Spread the batter in the prepared baking pan and sprinkle mini chocolate chips over the top of the batter.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or until nicely browned and firm.
Makes 36 servings.