Chocolate Butterball Cookies
by May 19, 2017,
The cooled cookies are rolled in powdered sugar, but you could also roll them in granulated sugar before baking if you prefer.
Photo Credit: Diana Rattray
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Total Time:27 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Melt the chocolate over low heat or over simmering water; stir the cream into the chocolate and set aside to cool.
- In a mixing bowl with an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy; beat in vanilla and the cooled chocolate. Blend in the flour and salt until blended. fold the nuts into the cookie dough.
- Shape the dough into 1-inch balls and arrange on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes.
- Cool completely abd then roll gently in the sifted powdered sugar.
Makes 4 to 5 Dozen
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Sour Cream Cookes