Chocolate Butterball Cookies
by , May 19, 2017
The cooled cookies are rolled in powdered sugar, but you could also roll them in granulated sugar before baking if you prefer.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Total Time:27 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Melt the chocolate over low heat or over simmering water; stir the cream into the chocolate and set aside to cool.
- In a mixing bowl with an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy; beat in vanilla and the cooled chocolate. Blend in the flour and salt until blended. fold the nuts into the cookie dough.
- Shape the dough into 1-inch balls and arrange on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes.
- Cool completely abd then roll gently in the sifted powdered sugar.
Makes 4 to 5 Dozen