Chicken and Bean Salad
Updated July 1, 2017 by
Chicken and white beans make a hearty and delicious summer salad with the spicy red wine vinegar dressing. Garnish with shredded cheese, sour cream, and chopped cilantro.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- In a large bowl, combine the diced chicken, white beans, red bell pepper, onion, and sliced olives; toss with lime juice. Cover and refrigerate until serving time.
- Combine dressing ingredients in a jar or container with lid; shake to blend thoroughly. Refrigerate the dressing for at least 1 hour before serving time.
- Add about half of the dressing to the chicken and bean mixture and toss to coat.
- Arrange the salad greens on serving plates; top with sliced avocado and a generous amount of the chicken and bean mixture.
- If desired, garnish with shredded cheese and a few jalapeno pepper rings. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro.
- Serve the salad with the remaining dressing.