Baked Chicken Breasts and Dressing in Foil Packets
by June 25, 2017,
A savory bread and walnut dressing is baked with these chicken breasts. The chicken breasts are baked with the dressing in foil packets.
Photo Credit: Diana Rattray
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Generously butter four double-thickness squares of foil; set aside.
- In a skillet over medium heat, melt 6 tablespoons of the butter. Add the onion and celery and cook, stirring, until vegetables are softened, about 3 to 4 minutes. Mix together bread crumbs, butter and vegetable mixture, parsley, walnuts, 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt, and enough chicken broth to moisten.
- Make a mound of stuffing on each buttered square of foil then place on baking sheet.
- Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and brush both sides of the chicken; drizzle with a little lemon juice. Sprinkle lightly with seasoned salt and pepper.
- Place a chicken breast on each mound of dressing mixture.
- Fold foil up over the chicken to make individual packets.
- Bake the packets for 30 minutes. Open the foil up to expose chicken and bake for about 15 minutes longer, or until the chicken reaches at least 165 F.
Makes 4 Servings
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Easy Skillet Chicken and Rice Curry
Easy Chutney Chicken Breasts Recipe